The Big Bad Dancer Call-Infor Hasani's August 13, 2016 Hafla
- Call-in for dance spots starts Sunday, July 10, 2016 at noon, local eBay time!
- Can't get to a phone that day? You can have a friend call in for you!
- Please have your friend's phone number and address handy when you call
- Schedule for the August 13th Hafla will be online here after July 20th
- Dance spots booked by phone only - even the waiting list
- All dance spots (solos or troupes) - 8 minutes max.
- Got Hafla questions? Email me!
- Need an answer right away? Call me instead! 253-858-2755
- A free program with the dance schedule will be printed for Hafla, with advertising space available.
- Program format is 5.5" X 8.5", vertical, black and white. Advertising rates are as follows:
- 5 X 8................$15
- 5 X 4.................$8
- Biz Card............$5
- Preferred file formats: PUB, DOC, PDF, TIFF, or JPG/JPEG. Email your ad file here
- Any ads requiring set-up or lay-out add $7.
- Deadline for ad inclusion is August 6, 2016 (But sooner is better!)
Directions to Hasani's Hafla
3822 S Union Ave
Tacoma, WA 98409
From Olympia & South
From Seattle & North
From Bremerton & West
- Please, NO VIDEOCAMERAS, DVD or DIGITAL RECORDING.
- Still photos are fine, of course, and always will be!
- A DVD of the entire Hafla will not be available
- Dancers, you may opt for a DVD copy of YOUR PERFORMANCE ONLY. We claim no rights at all, and you can do whatever you like with your DVD ó put it on your web site, send it to your granny, make a bazillion copies, whatever!
- Please donít take video with your cell phones or sneaky little digital cameras, even if a dancer says itís okay. Itís not their decision, and it's not okay. Besides, Iíve seen unauthorized Hafla footage on the web (ahem) and trust me, the sound and picture quality is much better when the Video Twins do it. Please respect your fellow dancers and avoid bad karma (grin).
- Just some common sense recommendations ;-)
- If you have questions about your rights concerning your performance video purchased from (or "gifted" to you by) Richard Werth (currently affiliated with World Meditation Ensemble), "Cameron Powers", "Margaret Beaumont", and/or Omega Organization International at any of Hasani's Haflas prior to August 20, 1999, check with your attorney. I did, and I'd be happy to share what my attorney discovered.
- Have you been "gifted" with something by a service provider? Here's what the Revised Code of Washington says about unsolicited gifts:
"RCW 19.56.020 Unsolicited goods or services as gifts. If unsolicited goods or services are provided to a person, the person has a right to accept the goods or services as a gift only, and is not bound to return the goods or services. Goods or services are not considered to have been solicited unless the recipient specifically requested, in an affirmative manner, the receipt of the goods or services according to the terms under which they are being offered. Goods or services are not considered to have been requested if a person fails to respond to an invitation to purchase the goods or services and the goods or services are provided notwithstanding. If the unsolicited goods or services are either addressed to or intended for the recipient, the recipient may use them or dispose of them in any manner without any obligation to the provider, and in any action for goods or services sold and delivered, or in any action for the return of the goods, it is a complete defense that the goods or services were provided voluntarily and that the defendant did not affirmatively order or request the goods or services, either orally or in writing."
- But don't take my word for it. ;-) See the Official Revised Code of Washington web site.
- Have you been solicited by a service provider? Ask to see a business license!
- Here's something else from the Revised Code of Washington:
RCW 9.24.040 Corporation doing business without license. "Every corporation, whether domestic or foreign, and every person representing or pretending to represent such corporation as an officer, agent or employee thereof,who shall transact, solicit or advertise for any business in this state, before such corporation shall have obtained from the officer lawfully authorized to issue the same, a certificate that such corporation is authorized to transact business in this state, shall be guilty of a gross misdemeanor."
- Things that make you go "hmmm" -
- A business owner should be able to tell which country the business is based in, especially when dealing with the IRS.
- A business owner should also be able to tell if there are any employees or not.
- A business owner should not impersonate non-existent "employees".
- And.....and what if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
- A Certificate of Incorporation is not a business license.
- Merely being "registered" with the state is not a business license. You can check online here to see if a business is licensed in Washington state.
- Just because a business lists itself as a non-profit corporation with the state of Washington, doesn't mean they're registered as a non-profit with the IRS. Donations you make aren't tax-deductible unless they are.
- It's entirely possible for a non-profit organization to have been issued a UBI (state tax number) and still not have a business license. Some people/organizations even have TWO UBI's and still aren't licensed.
- If a "business" charges and collects sales tax from customers, they really ought to register with the Department of Revenue and turn that money in, doncha think?
- All that glitters has a high refractive index
- A legitimate business must list their physical location on their license - not just a PO Box. If at some point they *do* list a physical address, it would be a good idea if the people at that address knew something about it.
- Ministerial credentials can be obtained for free on the Internet! Get yours today!
- You, too, can be listed in the Who's Who of Music! Submit your listing and see your name in print!
- Never say, "Oops!" Always say, "How interesting!"
- Insist on getting copies of any contracts or releases you sign, and don't be afraid to have your legal counsel look them over.
- The only 15-letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable". ;-)
- A fraudulent, non-existent business entity cannot claim copyright to *anything*.
- A newly-legitimaized business entity cannot claim copyright retroactively for work that was done previously under fraudulent circumstances.
- Eschew obfuscation.
- If a service provider or an organization repeatedly refuses to give you copies of what you've signed, beware!
- If after, oh...let's say...16 years, you are still being denied copies, something is wrong.
- If your lawyer finally has to ask for the copies and they STILL refuse, something is Really Wrong.
- Two wrongs don't make a right.....but three rights make a left! (Gallagher)
- More info at http://www.saqra.net/dickfile.htm
© Hasani 2002-2016
Special thanks to: Dynamic Drive CSS Library